Many Worlds

Please login as the character you wish to post as.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Many Worlds

Please login as the character you wish to post as.

Many Worlds

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Many Worlds

Harrowing adventures through our many worlds

Established Rule Sets

Sithlyone
    Sithlyone
    Admin

Character sheet
    Experience:
    ExperienceNameName
    CharacterCharacter
    Character LevelCharacter Level
    Current XPCurrent XP

Health:
    HealthPointsPoints
    TotalTotal
    CurrentCurrent

Established Rule Sets Empty Established Rule Sets

Post by Sithlyone Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:29 pm

We've discussed many different ideas and have rejected some and accepted others. I want to have a list of rules or rule sets so that we can keep everything organized. I've discussed almost all of these ideas with both of you but some of them I may have forgotten to bring the other into the fold on it.

I tried to remember everything we've talked about but I'm sure I've forgotten some of the good points. So if you notice I'm forgetting something, please post it below. I will continue to edit and update this post with the rule changes and additions so please continue giving me ideas and reminding me of the points that I missed.

Also, I know that I can sometimes make things sound more complicated than what they are, so if you can explain something in a clearer manner please do so. With your ADMIN privileges you may be able to edit this post. If not then just post it below and I'll make the needed adjustment.

1. Skill Base System
    - All open, All available
     - In order to become trained in a skill (take -2 when attempting an action un-trained) you must first purchase the skill with XP, then you can start to use the skill
    - Skills Level up, Character does not
    - Skills Level up through use, not XP

2. Non-Class System
    - The Skills and Specials the character chooses to emphasize will mold their character more than an arbitrary "Class" label.

3. Dice Advancement System
    - Base Line is a D4 if you are trained in a skill
    - The more you use a skill the better you get at the skill and the better the dice you use
     - If you are not trained in a skill or action then you can't advance the Dice to the next level.
    - If you are not trained in a skill you still roll a D4 but you take a -2 to your roll attempt
    - This system has exploding Dice. If you roll the highest number on the selected die then you get to roll a 2nd time and combine the two rolls.
    - If you roll back to back Max Number on a die then it is considered a Critical hit and it not only automatically hits the target but it also
    - Normal Skill rolls have less amount of uses per level than Combat and defensive rolls

Dice Levels and Use counts:

4. DC Difficulty are set by how difficult a situation is for the current level skill attempt.
    - Base line DC skill check should be set as a "Challenge" for a trained individual in that particular circumstance.
     - For Example: If you were trained as a plumber, a proper DC for a typical clogged pipe would be 4. It should be a challenge even if you are trained at a low level.
    - DC's should raise as the challenges get tougher. They are based on how difficult a task would be for a basic "trained" individual, not the level the PC currently is.

5. Defensive base
    - All characters have a natural tendency to protect themselves. This natural tendency is reflected in a defensive base bonus. Every character will have a +5 to their defense. This will be added to the Defensive Skill roll

6. Skill Rolls
    - Whenever a character wishes to do something they have to roll a skill check.
    - In the case of combat there are opposed rolls.
     - The Attacking character rolls their attacking dice and adds any "Specials" they may have to their roll and compares the difference to the targets Base Defense. Most of the time this will be a +5 but in some cases the target may have purchased "specials" with XP that boosts their defensive base.
     - If the attackers roll exceeds the defenders Base Defensive number then the defender has to roll an opposed check. If the Attackers score is higher than the defenders roll plus his base number then the attack hits and damage is awarded by the weapon the character is using.
     - After the Attacker finishes his/her attack the defender can choose to counter attack.
       - If the defender chooses to counter attack they take a -2 to their attack roll, unless they have the "special" to remove that penalty.
         - They also forfeit their next turn and they immediately move in the initiative order to where their attack occurred.
         - If the Character has already taken an action during the round then the character cannot make a counter attack unless they have the "special" that allows them  to make a counter attack after their turn is over in the round.
         - A character cannot counter attack a counter attack unless they have the "special" that allows them to do so.

7. Specials
    - A special is a very precise ability that only takes affect in very special circumstances. They are not meant to be global bonuses for the characters.
    - Specials are purchased with XP and the XP cost should be substantial.
    - Some specials will be very specific or have a time limit or will be connected to weapons or items.

List of Specials:

8. Weapons
    - After a character gets to level 3 with a specific weapon class they receive a +1 to their attack each additional die increase.
    - This indicates that the character has become extremely familiar with that weapon and knows how to use it with grace and skill.
    - Weapons determine the damage, characters determine the attack.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:38 am